0

Happy holidays

I've been home for Thanksgiving, which has been utter bliss. The food is delicious, the house is so nice, and my family is wonderful! The only noteworthy occurrence has been:

The setting: Thanksgiving evening, the extended family sitting around and pretending to watch some football game on Fox. Fox apparently has this new CGI robot representing the NFL. It looks like this:



My mother: Do you think that's animated, or a real person in a suit?
Rachel: It's animated.
My grandfather: Oh, it's a real person in there.
Rachel: It's definitely animated.
My grandfather: He's a negro.
[silence]
My mother: How can you tell?
My grandfather: The way he moves! [sagely]
[general pandemonium]

The look on my sister's face at this moment can best be described with an emoticon:

Welcome to the holidays at my house!

0 comments: